At ProEcommerce, your privacy and security is our concern. We understand your need for privacy when using the Web for your communications and we have developed our Privacy & Security Policy in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to both. We want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. Please take a moment to review our policies and please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in a transaction with or in contacting ProEcommerce. Here are some examples of the types of personal information ProEcommerce may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information is collected
• When you create an account at ProEcommerce, make a purchase, participate in a contest or an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
• When you share your content with others using our tell a friend, gift certificates, or invite others to view your wishlist, ProEcommerce may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use the personal information
• Personal information collected allows us to keep you current on our latest product announcements, product updates, contests and upcoming events. It also helps us to better our services, content, and advertising. Removal from our mailing list is as easy as opting out anytime by updating your email preferences in your My Account section.
• Information is also used to help us produce, deliver, and better our product presentation, our services, the content of the website and how we advertise.
• Occasionally, we may use your personal information to send important email notices about your purchases and any changes to our conditions of use, terms, and policies. As this information is required and a necessary part of any transaction that you have with ProEcommerce, you may not opt out of these communications to make a purchase or receive services at ProEcommerce.
• We also use personal information for internal company record-keeping purposes such as auditing, report generation, data review, and research to better the services, and customer communications of ProEcommerce.
• As you choose to enter into a contest or a gainful promotion or survey, we may use the personal information you provide to us in able to administer those types of programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information that does not necessarily permit direct alignment with a specific individual. As we collect this non-aligned, non-personal information, we may use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Here are examples of such:
• Language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone may be used to study and analyze our customer base behavior and preferences which will impact how we provide the service online and how and where we advertise.
• We also may collect information regarding customer activities on our website, including keywords searched for, pages viewed, errors received, etc. This compiled information helps us determine the needs and wants of our customers and allows us understand the areas of interest and concern. Compiled and aggregated data is considered to be non-personal information.
Where we do combine personal and non-personal information, we will treat the combined data as personal information.
Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons – if used
ProEcommerce’s website, email messages, and advertisements could possibly utilize “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and or web beacons. This technology or technologies are important for us to understand the effectiveness of our webstore, the pages that our customers visit and prefer and help us analyze and strategize our marketing behavior based on these preferences. help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our website people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We consider this information as non-personal information. Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are sometimes considered personal information by local governing law, and as such, we also treat these identifiers as personal information.
If you want to disable cookies check with your browser provider to find out how to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, several key features of the ProEcommerce website will not be available. The website is designed to work only with browsers that accept cookies.
Most all websites collect and store information in the form of logs. This information may include your browser type and language, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and your Internet Service Provide (ISP). In addition, our website logs the operating system you are using, date and time of all activity, referring and exiting pages and what you store in your shopping cart and wishlist. This information is studied and analyzed to follow shopping trends, customer preferences, run the website and to gather information on the behavior of our customers and browsers and to gain demographic information. ProEcommerce will possibly use this information to further our marketing and advertising strategies.
Email messages and newsletters that are sent by ProEcommerce may have a “clickable URL” linking to the ProEcommerce website or affiliates. As a customer clicks one of these “clickable URLs”, the customer will be taken through a possibly different server or multiple servers prior to connecting to the destination page. This traffic pattern will help us determine topics of interest and log metrics of performance of our advertising campaigns. To opt out of this type of tracking, avoid clicking on “clickable URLs” in an email.
Pixel tags may be used to track whether our customers are receiving and reading emails in order to optimize our email campaigns.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times ProEcommerce may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with ProEcommerce to provide products and services, or that help ProEcommerce market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize ProEcommerce and its carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by ProEcommerce and its carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by ProEcommerce to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
ProEcommerce shares personal information with companies who provide services such as Postage, Shipping and Delivery Service, Credit card information processing, Paypal and other payment method processing, managing and improving customer data, customer service and performing satisfaction surveys or research to our customer base. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be utilized wherever ProEcommerce does business.
It might be required by legal process, by recorded law, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your resident country for ProEcommerce to disclose your personal information. In addition, we reserve the right and responsibility to disclose information about you if required for matters of law enforcement, national security or other matters of public importance. Disclosure of your personal information may take place to enforce our Conditions of Use or to protect our staff, customers or technology. Any and all personal information may be transferred in the event that we sell ProEcommerce, merge with another company or reorganize to the new third party.
Protection of Personal Information
ProEcommerce takes care with your personal information against theft, loss or misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access, change or destruction. ProEcommerce website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on any pages where personal information is collected, protecting and encrypting your personal information as it is moving across the Internet.. The SSL service works with browsers that are SSL-capable, including but not limited to Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Personal information posted to a chat room, public forum or social networking website such as Facebook is visible to others on the world wide web and can be used or read or collected by others. Caution should also be exercised when using “free email” services as the content of your emails are harvested. You should review the privacy and security policies of any other source you utilize online.
Access to and Editing Personal Information
Some of your personal information can be edited and updated by logging into your account on the My Account page. Other personal information may be maintained indefinitely to comply with legitimate business purpose, law or records of orders. You may may requests to edit or delete personal information. We reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests, repetitive requests, technically incapable or burdensome requests or requests that change, alter or influence the privacy and security of others or may be not required under local law.
ProEcommerce’s website is designed for adults over 18 years of age. We are unable to actively police who is shopping and their age group and have no way of stopping children from accessing our website, that is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian, should it be necessary. ProEcommerce does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or any person under the age of 18. If we are made aware or learn that the personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to eradicate that information.
Third-Party Sites and Services
ProEcommerce websites, product pages and related services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Information collected by any third parties is the responsibility of and is controlled by that third party. It is important that you review and familiarize yourself with the Privacy & Security policies of any third party.
Personal Information you provide by using the products and services of ProEcommerce.com may be utilized or transferred by entities around the world as outlined in this Privacy & Security Policy. ProEcommerce abides by the “safe harbor” details outlined by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the use, collection and retention of personal information.
Our Business Commitment to Your Privacy & Security
All employees and contractors of ProEcommerce are given our Privacy & Security policy guidelines and we enforce these policies throughout the operation.
Privacy & Security Questions
If you have questions or concerns about ProEcommerce’s Privacy & Security Policy, please contact us. ProEcommerce may update its Privacy & Security Policy as needed or required from time to time. As changed occur, ProEcommerce will post a notice on our website along with the updated Privacy & Security Policy.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without any notice.
Last updated: July 28, 2022